JASWIN is proud to serve as the bridge between businesses and schools. Hundreds of small businesses in the Southwestern Indiana and Southeastern Illinois area make an impact on the children of their communities by sponsoring classrooms. However, a number of corporate and academic interests have expressed their desire to do more. Our "Adopt-A-School" approach allows companies, community-minded organizations, colleges, universities, and sometimes entire towns to directly sponsor all of the classes at a particular school, or series of schools.
The benefit of participating in an “Adopt-A-School” program is to:
- Increase visibility in the community of the company’s commitment to education.
- Provide a strong community partnership between the company, the school and JA.
- Give professional and personal development opportunities to those who volunteer.
- Provide public speaking opportunities.
- Teach greater understanding of overall business and the free-enterprise system.
- It is fun and a great team building experience.
- Easy to implement.
The components to the program include:
- Age-appropriate themes Kindergarten through grade 12.
- Five to seven volunteer led sessions (depending on class.)
- Materials, training, and support from the JA staff.
- K-12 curriculum that meets Indiana and Illinois State Education Standards.
Our goal as an organization is to better serve the community and support it with an educated future workforce. In return, we require the support of the community so we can continue as an organization.